Growth, Development And Recognition
Working for Business Travel Direct is an exciting and rewarding experience. We have excellent staff retention and our Investor in People accreditation shows our commitment to our employees, so why wouldn’t you want to look at our careers?
Working for Business Travel Direct is an exciting and rewarding experience. We have excellent staff retention and our Investor in People Silver Standard accreditation shows our commitment to our employees. If you would be interested in working for us, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and we’ll come back to you!
Langley – Permanent – Full Time
Business Travel Direct is currently recruiting for a Finance Director. As part of the Senior Leadership Team and working alongside the Managing Director, this is an integral role to set the financial strategy of the business and manage the Finance Team.
- Efficient operation of accounting and financial processing
- Full reconciliation and financial control procedures
- Oversee all cash control and cashflow forecasting, and take ultimate responsibility for cash management policies
- On time production of all management accounts, budgets and financial accounts
- Lead annual budgeting and planning processes
- Timely output of all reports including to management, budget holders and external stakeholders
- Provision of routine and ad hoc advice and business support as required
- Participate fully in systems and process improvement
- Maintain a well-trained and motivated finance team
- Ensure that financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure all relevant regulatory and compliance matters are dealt with
- Identify and manage business risks
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Experience in senior finance roles with sound career path
- Travel industry experience preferred
- Experience of high-volume businesses, the business services sector and process driven organisations
- Ability to both understand the detail and provide a strategic perspective
- Team management & leadership experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- High level numeracy, analytical & strategic skills
- Ability to listen and quickly understand
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, clear integrity & ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Practical, down to earth and common-sense approach
Regional Operations Manager
Brighton & London – Permanent – Full Time
Business Travel Direct is currently recruiting a Regional Operations Manager. Reporting to the Operations Director, the position’s key objective is to manage and assume overall responsibility for the operational success of each office location.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout each location to maximize company growth and margins.
- Work closely and frequently with the Operations teams in each location to understand existing challenges with team knowledge of systems and processes.
- Lead and develop Operations Managers and their teams.
- Support continuous improvements.
- Ensure ISO compliance.
- Support teams to meet company performance expectations and deliver targeted results.
- To design and report against individual goals, development plans and agreed KPIs for both individuals and teams.
- To ensure all teams work to agreed Service Level Agreements.
- To provide clear leadership.
- To assist with talent mapping and succession plans.
- Manage leave requests for line reports.
- Conduct appraisals / performance reviews.
- Work co-operatively with counterparts / Operations Managers to cross utilise staff where appropriate.
- To ensure each team is selling the appropriate suppliers to increase margins.
- To act as an escalation point for all client complaints.
- Provide support to all internal departments.
- To improve the profitability of the team by ensuring team members have the resources to up sell at all times
- Responsible for ad hoc coaching within teams to develop and/or encourage improved performance
- Providing weekly report for each location.
- Onboarding new business and distributing to appropriate team.
- Assisting Operations Director with projects and ad hoc tasks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Full knowledge of Operational processes
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment to meet deadlines
- Exceptional people management experience
- High level of organisation and attention to detail
- Experience of working in a TMC essential
Groups and Events Travel Consultant
Langley, Slough – Permanent – Full Time
Business Travel Direct are currently recruiting for a Groups and Events Travel Consultant. This role comes at an exciting time for the Groups and Events division as it evolves and develops. The role reports to the Groups and Events Manager.
- Create group and individual reservations and accurately input data
- Negotiate best fares with suppliers as well as flexible terms and conditions
- Responsible for controlling budgeted costs
- Main point of contact for both internal and external clients and suppliers
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Proven experience in the business travel sector and would have groups and events experience
- Sabre experience required
- Excellent fare and ticketing knowledge including Published, Net, Group and consolidator fare types
- Knowledge and experience of the air/travel industry and key contacts
- Excel experience required
- Strong negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic approach
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and handle a busy workload
- Ability to remain calm, flexible and friendly when under pressure
- Good communication skills – including written, verbal and presentational
- Ability to influence others and gain confidence and trust
- A good team player, able to work successfully with colleagues
- Willingness to travel