Ready for a rewarding career with an industry-leader?
Working for Business Travel Direct is an exciting and rewarding experience. We have excellent staff retention and our Investor in People Silver Standard accreditation shows our commitment to our employees.
Langley, Slough – Permanent – Full Time
The main role of an Operations Manager is to support the growth ambition of Business Travel Direct (R&M) whilst retaining a high degree of service focus and team spirit. Operations Managers also support their team in a consultant role as well as managing their own client portfolio.
- Strong leadership ethic
- Solid commercial ability
- Ability to remain objective at all times
- Effective listening skills
- Strategic and innovating thinking and approach
- Good at problem solving and solutions based thinking
- Promotes a collaborative team working environment at all times
- Ability to make effective decisions based on business rationale
- Operates a no blame team culture
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Monitor staff performance
- Encourage and reinforce team work ethic
- Provide performance feedback discussions at every level
- Pro-actively build meaningful and long lasting relationships
- Deliver extraordinary service geared to exceeding clients expectation at all times
- Demonstrate proactive thinking when providing travel solutions
- Ensure the team delivers all agreed targets and objectives
- Deliver on personal agreed targets and objectives
- Achieve SLA’s for specified accounts
- Communicate key business information to the team via monthly team meetings and ad hoc updates
- Identify trading trends and feedback as appropriate
- Via team coaching, maximise earning income on the teams
- Encourage compliance of company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate initiative by developing work efficiencies to support improved operational environment and service to client.
- Monitor client issues and trends and escalate as appropriate
- Anticipate and manage escalated incidents of client dissatisfaction whilst supporting the consultant.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and provide direction to individuals and team to achieve agreed targets
- Demonstrate ability to make effective use of resources available to complete tasks to agreed deadlines
- Sound knowledge of industry
- Experience of using MS Word and Excel software packages
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, ethics, values and vision
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience with managing people and monitoring performance
You can contact our Langley Head Office using the following information or use the form opposite to get in touch.
4 Waterside Court, Waterside Drive, Langley, Slough, SL3 6EZ
+ 44 (0)1895 450701